Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

need a wow factor

Options
2»

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Another option is pepper stout beef.  Serve on some crusty rolls with or without cheese and some horseradish sauce (Boars head pub style horseradish is my favorite store bought sauce). 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    I was going to say hire some strippers to serve BBQ sandwiches.  Not sure if that is the "wow" you're going after, but it would work.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Get @northGAcock to cook tri-tip for your guests. I dont know how they'll feel about you afterward but they'll love him!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Theophan said:
    I hope this isn't "blowback" -- I promise I'm not trying to give you a hard time, just want to understand the recipe.  It wants a brine with 12 oz of pickling salt. Won't that make it "cured" much like ham?
    I just looked up "pickling salt" and discovered that I!as mistaken in supposing it was like "curing" salt that has nitrites or nitrates in it.  This is just normal table salt without additives, etc..  Now I get it.

Thanks!
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Volgrill said:
    Biggest wow I've gotten is for paella.  But probably not a good idea until you've taken it for a test run or two with fewer people.

I agree, I have wowed the guests with butts, ribs, ABTs, wings, pizza, etc.  Recently I served paella and it was more like a Whoa!!!!!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    @Theophan, give it a go and let me know what you think. Use smaller, 4-5# butt(s).
    needs no sauce and is excellent!

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    @Theophan, give it a go and let me know what you think. Use smaller, 4-5# butt(s).
    needs no sauce and is excellent!

I cooked a butt fairly recently, so it may be a while till I cook another one, but I'll probably give it a try.  I've been happy with them the way I cook them, but I've never brined or injected one, and it's probably worth trying.  Thanks!