Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Big Mac & Cheese on the griddle

Options
SmokeyPitt
SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
A big mac clone on the griddle.  Started with some cheap white buns.  I know they should be sesame seed buns, but I couldn't find any that were the right size.  Cut off the bottom of the bottom bun in order to make the middle bun.

I made some special sauce.  I winged this but it had mostly mayo, a little mustard, ketchup, relish, rice vinegar, white wine vinegar, Italian dressing, garlic power, onion powder, tumeric, paprika. 

Toasting buns (the middles toasted on both sides)

My youngest daughter wanted Mac and Cheese on hers and she dubbed it the "Big Mac and Cheese".  She said I have to post it to the eggheadforum and tell everyone it was her idea. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Smart girl! Grub looks great 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited August 2015
    Options
    And now we're all singing.  

"Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce,cheese...."

love that the daughter made you post AND give her credit. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    your daughter is a genius - you should patent that idea! And how awesome is it that she's into the forum and wants you to post stuff for her?? :)

Your special sauce looks/sounds way tastier than the "real" thing.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    Awesome man!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Thanks all.  She was definitely proud.  The special sauce was a joint effort as well.  It would definitely say it was a step up from the real thing.  Made a good dip for the fries as well! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Nicely done, and nice that your daughter is involved too.  

That griddle has ruined me for all other burgers.  

Phoenix