Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Bluetooth Thermometer???

Options
Hey guys- Looking for a bluteooth thermometer that I can use with my (android) phone. Any suggestions??

Thanks for your help!

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby

Comments

• S.Newcomb76
    S.Newcomb76 Posts: 38
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The igrill is one that gets a lot of good reviews. I don't know what your budget is but checkout the tappeque http://www.tappecue.com it looks pretty cool. 
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    checkout the tappeque http://www.tappecue.com it looks pretty cool. 
    Not $200 cool :)  At least not for me.  But interesting.
    New Orleans LA
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    I use an iGrill 2. Distance my be a problem and I've had problems with the alarms. I can read mine from my kitchen which is better than slipping on my Mucks and going outside when the snow is blowing sideways. The tappecue may be worth a look that @S.Newcomb76 posted above. I'd love to have WiFi capability for when I leave the house. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    I use the igrill mini x2.  I use one for the meat and one for the grid temp.  Works just fine for me.  The igrill2 wasn't out yet when I got mine, but I', interested in it.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• lewisj82
    lewisj82 Posts: 184
    Options
    Thanks guys. I was leaning towards an iGrill 2 anyway, or possibly just a mini since I really only watch the grid temp. 

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Why bluetooth?
    NOLA
  • lewisj82
    lewisj82 Posts: 184
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Want to be able to move around the house with it and I don't want to have to carry something else to just watch the temp. (Because you know... laziness)  Phone goes everywhere with me anyway because of work. 

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Thermoworks has one, I gave serious thought to it.  I just don't like the range on Bluetooth in Arizona  The heat cuts the range down drastically.
    Phoenix