Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA-SRF 10% off sale today-see below text

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,393
edited August 2015 in EggHead Forum
From a SRF email:
"It's the very last day in the Week of Annella celebration and so far we've had four fantastic offers. Today we want to make sure nobody missed out. So we're taking 10% OFF everything on our site. You want it? You got it! Ribs, Roasts, Steaks, Briskets, every single item is 10% off. Just use promo code ANNELLA at checkout and watch prices drop on anything you want. "   Don't spend it all...
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I'm finally going to do this. Any recs on what I should get besides brisket?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    jls9595 said:
    I'm going to recommend a secound mortgage.....JKOC....hope you enjoy.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    edited August 2015
    Options
    jls9595 said:
    We like their hams and tri tips.  I just ordered a Wagyu brisket, a couple of the smaller hams, along with a couple tri tips (non-Wagyu variety since they were sold out the day the Wagyu tri tips were on special this week by the time I looked).  
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    I got the cheapest brisket.... 2 of them actually. Much better for my budget than the ones on sale yesterday. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @stompbox-I'm with you on their Black vs Gold grade brisket.  Black is way above what I deserve but do enjoy.  I will really spoil myself with a Gold grade at some point.  You will enjoy the results of the those cooks.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I got a gold grade brisket the day before. . I have to try it at least once.  I have thought about their pork collars, maybe that's next.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @BYS1981 - Great score.  I was quite tempted but given I have two blacks in the freezer I decided to give it a pass.  I will make the leap of faith later this year... 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    @lousubcap I have been itching to get a SRF brisket combined with my wife wanting burnt ends after watching pittmasters + the sale was the perfect storm. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @BYS1981 - I would suggest you get a dummy brisket for the burnt ends.  That amount of coin should be enjoyed at the end of the cook-but I'm not from Texas.  Personally I would be quite conflicted if I was asked to do burnt ends from a SRF brisket and Gold is off the charts.  Just an opinion and we all know what those are worth-regardless, enjoy!