Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza with whole foods dough (and pics)

Options
was lazy so bought some regular pizza dough at whole foods. Left it on the counter for 90 minutes or so to get room temp. Topped with sausage, mushrooms, green pepper.

got egg up to 500, let pizza stone heat up with it and gave it 30 or so minutes to hear up once it got to 500. Legs up, 3 foil balls.

came out great. Cooked for about 12 minutes. Dough was airy and delicious. Would def use again. Easy to work with. 

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great looking pie!!!  I'll take 3. You deliver to Atlanta?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    Excellent looking pie! 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • PASmoke
    PASmoke Posts: 279
    Options
    Nice! I have never used their dough but have looked at it a time or two....I'll be sure to pick some up now.
    Atlanta, GA - Large BGE x 2

• LKNEgg
    LKNEgg Posts: 339
    Options
    Great looking pie!  I used whole foods dough for a good while with great results!  Switched to a local Italian market to support local business now.  Can't tell a huge difference in dough, but I like to support local when I can!  I guess that speaks gigh of WF if it is as good to local italian shop!

Cooking 6 pies Saturday for a few families and kids! 

Large BGE - 2014
    FB 200, KAB, AR - 2015
    Lake Norman area of NC
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing!

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Mmm Mmm looks good. :plus_one: 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming