Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warranty Replacement Egg Question

yumdinger
yumdinger Posts: 255
edited August 2015 in EggHead Forum
A few weeks ago I noticed a crack that extended from the base up along the side.  My dealer promptly dealt with the matter.  Last week I received a warranty replacement bottom half of my egg.   To my surprise the replacement came complete with a stainless door and new gasket.  Great service from my Dealer and BGE is much appreciated.  This is the reason I will always support my small dealer vs some of the chains that are popping up carrying BGE.

So my question pertains to the new Stainless door.  It seems to slide very easy compared to my previous egg, it has some play to it as well.  I have noticed some difficulty in dialing in temps as a result.  The door and mesh seems to be quite loose in the channel of the frame resulting in what seems to me, more flow around the perimeter.  

Has anyone ever crimped the channels of the lower door a bit in effort to tighten up the tension of the vent and door?

Comments