Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another awesome seasoning from @Proser

Options
Wife asked me to whip up something quick for dinner, so I went to she what she'd picked up at the store. The only protein in the fridge was extra lean, ground turkey breast. After calmly yet emphatically explaining to her that this should NEVER be purchased ever again I dug around to see what I could possibly do with it.

Long story slightly shorter, I ended up making a sort of mexican inspired fry-up/jumble. Browned some white onion and LOTS of garlic in avocado oil then threw in some dried chile de arboles and let them bloom in the hot oil. Tossed in the ground turkey breast and broke it up with a large spoon while it browned. Seasoned all of the above very liberally with Julio's seasoning I received from @Proser in the '15 R&S exchange. After a few minutes of browning I squeezed a whole lime into the mix and added a can of black beans and a few table spoons of salsa verde. Made up some rice in the cooker then mixed that with another whole lime and more of the Juilos. Only then did I discover we were out of tortillas (because of COURSE we are...) so we simply made bowls.

For an absolute throw together it was darn good! Add some fresh, ripe avocado and I might even do it all again. The key to the whole thing was the Julio's, so big thanks again to @Proser for that. MSG haters be damned, that stuff tastes like magic! I'm starting to think you texans really DO know how to deliver some good grub!

No pics, because it was totally ad hoc and not egged anyway...

Cheers all -
B_B
Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI

Comments

• Proser
    Proser Posts: 271
    Options
    Glad you liked it, one of my favorites  interesting that Amazon link for the spice has it for 8.99 and I think it's about 4.00 at the market here
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, 1 Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone