Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best wings and BS thighs ever

Options
Simcan
Simcan Posts: 287
edited August 2015 in EggHead Forum
I stumbled into some genius last night.  Just thawed out some wings and BS thighs, wasn't sure what I was going to do with them.  But I had recently purchased some tamarind chutney...there is an Indian place my wife and I have gone to a few times and I always go nuts for the stuff.  I could drink it straight from a glass. (If you aren't familiar with it is a runny, not chunky, chutney.  Very tangy, citrusy, sort of sweet and sort of sour.) So when I saw a jar at a local gourmet shop I picked it up not really having a plan.  

Anyway, did the thighs and wings together.  Wings got the corn starch treatment for several hours, then Raging River on everything, and on they went at 400 indirect (raised).  In the last ten minutes I tossed them in a big steel bowl with the tamarind chutney and put them back on to set.

Well, what to say.  Easily the tastiest wings (and thighs) I have ever had.  If you can't track down this chutney, there are recipes online.  Try it! Apart from the tamarind itself, the ingredients are brown sugar, coriander, cumin, chill powder, orange juice and salt and pepper.
Toronto ON

Comments