Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st pizza on the egg - Success!!!

Options
KS68C10
KS68C10 Posts: 14
Made my first pizza on the egg today, turned out great!  I have been making my own pizza in the oven for several years using a pizza stone.  I used a plate setter with the legs up and the grid on. Set pizza stone on top of gird and let it get to temp. I use 550 deg when I cook it in the oven, had temp the same for the egg.  The wife loved it!!
Rhome TX
2nd hand LBGE

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    The egg really makes pizzas well. Good job!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • KS68C10
    Options
    Thanks! I'm still learning how to control the temps but it turned out great.  I've learned so much from everyone here on the forum.  
    Rhome TX
    2nd hand LBGE
  • Ivanhoe
    Ivanhoe Posts: 223
    Options
    Good job! I have that same pizza peel
    Tulare, CA - Large BGE
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Very well done. Relatively round and the crust is not dark brown. Salute
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Looks great 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Very nice :plus_one: . Got any tips on making perfectly round pies? I've watched videos and restaurant pizza makers and still can't get them round. Improving, but not there yet. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    Options
    Wonderful===I could us a piece right now for breakfast---
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Looks awesome. Good job!
  • KS68C10
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    Very nice :plus_one: . Got any tips on making perfectly round pies? I've watched videos and restaurant pizza makers and still can't get them round. Improving, but not there yet. 
    Stemc33, I let the dough warm up for about 3 hrs from the fridge. I sprinkle a little flour on the counter, place the dough on the flour, sprinkle some more flour on top of the dough. I press it out with my hands and just make a round shape.  I make sure it has flour on the top surface then I fold it over and place the peel next to the fold then quickly lift and place on 1/2 of the peel.  Then unfold it.  I make sure and cover the peel with cornmeal before putting the dough on it.  I push the sides in to maintain the round shape once it's on the peel.  Try not to press the dough into the peel, or it will stick and won't slide off the peel.  Once I put all the toppings on and I am ready to place it on the stone I use a thin spatula to slide under the peel as I tilt it up and slide it off the peel. Sorry for being long winded but this works for me.  Hope this helps.  Good luck!
    Rhome TX
    2nd hand LBGE
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Very nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Nice job!!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings