Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings and drumsticks

dmirish1
dmirish1 Posts: 115
So I've been cooking wings and drums for some time now on the egg and am always disappointed on how they come out. I slow cook them for about and hour then direct heat them at about 500 for a couple of minutes per side. They come out extremely juicy. Not a bad thing but too juicy for me. I really like fried wings which is what I normally do for football games. Usually about 10-12 dozens wings at a time. Last night after the regular cooking I dropped them in the little counter top fryer for just a couple of minutes and BAM! finally got the kind of wing that I want. Still juicy on the inside with a nice crispier outside. I would suggest this if you like wings. 1. Low and slow. 2. Direct heat for char. 3. Deep fry for crisp. Then rubbed some with salt and vinegar rub, some with Dizzy Pig Curry-ish then also some with BWW Desert heat.

Winchester, Virginia LBGE, MiniMax