Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sriracha Wings and Kimchi Collards (OT)

Options
Acn
Acn Posts: 4,424
I didn't make wings this past week, so I put some together today.  I went simple, just sticking them in the fridge with corn starch, salt and pepper.

I put them on the egg about 375, raised indirect, with peach wood for a touch smoke.

After about 50-55 minutes, I pulled the pizza stone, to get some crisp skin and color.

Once they got some color, I pulled them into a bowl, and tossed with Tader Joe's Sriracha and Roasted Garlic sauce.  Then back on the egg to firm up the sauce.

Then I pulled them and let them rest while I finished the side.  

I paired them with a recipe I pulled out of Edward Lee's cookbook Smoke & Pickles 

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Those look very tasty. I bet the Sriracha gave it a nice kick. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Acn
    Options
    The wings were good, but the kimchi collards were on point.  Started with some butter and bacon grease in a pot, and sautéed a small onion.  Once that got some color, in went 1/2 pound (minus what I ate while chopping) of country ham.  Added a bunch of collards, cut of the stems and chopped, along with some chicken broth and 1 T soy sauce.  Let that cook down for 35 or so minutes, and then added 1 1/2 T apple cider vinegar, and then added 8-9 oz kimchi, chopped, and shut of the heat.

It turned out really well, and I bet any forum members who like Korean favors would enjoy this.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Acn
    Options
    Those look very tasty. I bet the Sriracha gave it a nice kick. 
    They were very tasty; the Sriracha sauce was a little spicy but not crazy.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Looks fantastic to me. Love me some collard greens. Never thought of doing them with an Asian twist though. Nicely done!!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season.