Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Picking up my first egg tonight...had to make it a home

Options
I'm finally getting a big green egg.  Put this together last week to hold it.  Now I am debating gettingn a cover.  Do you guys bother covering your table/egg?

Comments

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    I keep a "cover" on my table. It's just a big tarp from Home Depot.  I don't know how important it actually is. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    The egg doesn't need a cover to protect it. A cover will keep dust and pollen off it, which may be a concern depending on where you live.  A cover will provide some protection to the table and the items stored on the table. 
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Nice job with your table.  I don't have a table, but make sure you have a good air gap under your BGE (even if using pavers) when you install it.  That base gets quite hot as you can imagine.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Castlevetti
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up.  I am planning on picking up a table nest with it.
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Welcome!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Castlevetti
    Options
    Now its finished!!

• Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Options
    Nice job and congrats on getting the Egg.  I have been working on my tables and area and the eggs are being delivered tomorrow.  Can't wait.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.