Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Chipotle BBQ'd Ribs

Options
MrWigan
MrWigan Posts: 104

I've finally managed to get a decent source of baby backs in the UK.  For some random reason they're not as popular this side of the pond. 

Put dry rub on at 8am which was mustard powder, paprika, garlic powder, pepper, sea salt and hot chilli powder.  Put them in the Egg at 105c with cherry chips and hickory chunks.  Left them for 5 hours and then wrapped them lightly in foil with a squeeze of honey sweet baby rays.

I then unwrapped after 2 hours and got them direct on the grill and painted them some more honey sweet baby rays mixed with chipotle paste.  They were absolutely amazing.  Lesson learnt though, the cherry chips stained the ribs ridiculously dark brown almost so they looked burnt. 

Did some tandoori salmon for wife as she isn't "into ribs" however she was more than interested when I served them up.  :-)

Large BGE, Mini Max

Wigan, UK

Comments