Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Distance between table top and shelf for a large

Options
I'm getting a local welder to put together a table for me for a large egg. It's going to be 25"x25"x34" LWH with two fold up leaves and a 21" hole for the egg. I do not have the egg yet so I need some help. I need to have help figuring out the distance between the top of the shelf the egg will sit on and the top of the table to allow the hinge to open. I will have it on a table nest. I figured around 12"-14" but I need some eggspert advice. IT will look something like this I have posted it before. 
Dyersburg, TN

Comments

• Begger
    Begger Posts: 569
    Options
    I'd think the dimensions posted on the Naked Wiz plans page would be a very good start.  
    Adjust as needed for any additional height of next or if you add a ceramic paver UNDER the grill.
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Is it going to sit on a nest?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    I am still building my table so the LBGE is not in it yet. I am doing 16-3/8" from the top of the shelf to the top of the table. With a table nest, this should put the hinge above the table top surface with a little room to spare. You could go 16 -1/2" and still have room.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.