Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roast Beef for Work Lunches!

Options
I recently decided I was over paying 10-11-12+ dollars/lb for the real "house made" lunch meat.  I usually cycle week to week with Roast Beef, Turkey Breast, and Chicken Breast (and many flavor variants). 

Eye Round Roast rubbed with a little EVOO, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and rosemary.  Indirect at 325-350 until the center hit 130.

I don't have a deli slicer, but I'll live with slightly thicker slices for $4.99/lb and that smoke ring!

Comments

• ShesGotEggs
    ShesGotEggs Posts: 103
    Options
    Love this idea, I am going to try it! Cold cuts get dried out quickly and I think this is a great way to go.
  • SteelCitySmoke814
    Options
    The roasts I get are about 2-2.5 lbs. I make one, freeze about half.  Eat the first half through 3-4 lunches. Then, set the frozen half out Saturday in the fridge, slice Sunday for the next week. No real issue with the frozen/thawed slices at all. 

Try it out! 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Wow that is beautiful.  That smoke ring is insane.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    nice smoke rings. get a slicer, ive gotten alot of use with mine, pastrami, ham, roastbeef, roast pork,deli style meatloaf, sometimes i see cheap proscuitto  ends at the grocery
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    Looks perfect man!  I definitely need to try that.  I don't think you can cook it much better than that! 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god.