Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs & Beans

Options
SciAggie
SciAggie Posts: 6,481
I may be remodeling today, but I'll have a good supper tonight. Boston baked beans & 3-2-1 ribs. More pics to come. 

Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    My kinda meal. I'll be watching. 
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Boom! These turned out great. 

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Yep, those will do just fine I'd say. Love me some beans too. Did you heat them up or cook them from scratch? I've never done them from scratch. I've doctored some beans up in the past. Looks great!
  • SciAggie
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @pgprescott I did them from scratch - boiled them last night to let them swell. Then today - 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp dry mustard, pepper to taste, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup molasses, 1/2 an onion chopped, and 1/4 pound of salt pork chopped. Add water to cover the beans if necessary. Set it on the egg with the ribs for the duration. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • pgprescott
    Options
    That's awesome. Nice job @SciAggie
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    My kind of meal!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    Options
    Looks great! Thanks for posting.
    McKinney, TX