Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Breaking in the new XL

Options

XLBGE 

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Love the look of a new one- won't last long:)

Greensboro, NC
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Looks great in such a clean condition....
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Auburntgr
    Auburntgr Posts: 78
    Options
    Looks great.  No detailed instructions cooking the dogs?   Keeping it low for the first few cooks always breaks out the tough recipes.   Congrats on the xl.  
    Franklin, TN Medium and large Green Egg
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    Love my XL.  Congrats on the new cooker and btw a pack of hotdogs looks absolutely ridiculous on there.  Wife makes fun of me every time I go out and fire it up to make 4 hotdogs.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    LOL, it will never be clean again.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    You should've at least spread those 8 hot dogs out a little.  Me thinks you were kinda missing the small so you crammed the dogs together.   =)

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    @Auburntgr hahaha man I just threw on some dawgs! Little pack of ball park franks! But I did enjoy the size of the XL and being able to "sear" and then move them to the backside. 

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    @Scottborasjr I'm looking forward to getting it dirty! I've got a brisket and a spatchcock sitting in the fridge for this week. 

XLBGE 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    If my memory serves me correct, you like to strap an egg in the car and cook on the road. Perhaps that was pre-move. Any plans on getting a mini or max? Love Nathan's hotdogs on my mini. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • MrCookingNurse
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Chubbs you are correct! I'm leaning on a guy at work that has a mini and he doesn't understand how to use it but isn't ready to part with it yet. I'm sure we will get a smaller one some day. We took the small and the large a lot of places back home. 

XLBGE 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Congrats on the XL!  You'll love getting it dirty!
    Flint, Michigan
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Waiting for the recipe !!!!

Great looking cook !!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !!