Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New egg coming. FINALLY!!!!!

Options
Sold my eggs two weeks ago, table and all. Small and large. Been crazy trying to find an XL but I just placed a deposit and am going to pick it up in the morning!! 

Planning on L reducing brackets, and a smokeware for now. Maybe an AR for Christmas. 

Gonna be a good weekend!!! Told my neighbor, and he's gonna be home to help me unload the beast. I was talking about building a table first thing he said was,"we don't have to wait on you to buld a table to cook with it do we?!?!?"  Was hilarious!

XLBGE 

Comments

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Good for you. I know you have been wanting to get rid of the small. I really like my XL. Where do you get the lump reducing brackets? That's a good idea. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Yea buddy, I'm eggxcited! I am going to give these a try.  

http://ceramicgrillstore.com/anglebrackets.html

Oh BTW, the highque really was a game changer on the small, but I still wanted an XL and I got exactly what I asked for the deal.

@hi54putty

XLBGE 
  • Hi54putty
    Options
    Yea buddy, I'm eggxcited! I am going to give these a try.  

http://ceramicgrillstore.com/anglebrackets.html

Oh BTW, the highque really was a game changer on the small, but I still wanted an XL and I got exactly what I asked for the deal.

@hi54putty
    Cool. I love my small but the XL gets most of the work. I will check out the angle brackets...and keep track of other accessories you decide on. So far I just have the Woo, which I love. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    Congrats! You're gonna love the XL
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 559
    Options
    Congratulations, I really like my XL. Consider the woo and a stone from CGS, I've found that it's a great, flexible setup for the XL (I rarely remove the woo from my XL).

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Sweet!! I have been secretly lusting after an XL. How come you got rid of both of the other eggs? Did you shed a tear when you had to part with them? I would have :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Congrats! I've never cooked on an XL. Doubt I'll ever get one past the Mrs. I need an outdoor kitchen set-up for a beast like that. Looking forward to seeing the results from the new one. 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    You'll love the XL. It's roomy like a Town Car. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,051
    Options
    No replacement for displacement :)
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    @caliking well I kinda just set my mind on it and didn't put much thought into it. I sat down, figured exactly what I had in it and what I wanted out of it. It "sold" first day online and guy picked it up 2 days later.  :o

i was never going to convince the mrs into a 3rd egg anytime soon, and personally I really couldn't justify the financial investment into three eggs right now but knew I wanted an XL. 

With my new job and stuff Im really just doing more weekend cooks and stuff. The HighQue rocked out the small but whenever we had company over I'd easily fill up the large. I may have had 1550 in my egg setup and got 1300 for it. 

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    @Hi54putty loaded down and heading home! Got another 10% off because they were having a sidewalk sale! Ended up getting a PS and a table nest. 

XLBGE 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I don't use the brackets on my XL, instead I just pile the lump to one side and don't use a PS that cook. One side is direct, one is indirect.  I like my XL alot. 
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    .....Planning on L reducing brackets.....
    Consider a couple of fire bricks. I use them in my XL. They do the same thing as the L brackets at a cost of about $6.  :)
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    Durangler said:
    .....Planning on L reducing brackets.....
    Consider a couple of fire bricks. I use them in my XL. They do the same thing as the L brackets at a cost of about $6.  :)
    @Durangler I was just thinking that!! Thanks man!!

XLBGE 
  • Hi54putty
    Options
    @Hi54putty loaded down and heading home! Got another 10% off because they were having a sidewalk sale! Ended up getting a PS and a table nest. 
    Good Deal! Get the Woo. It works great in the XL. You will save some $$ and have more to spend on all that charcoal it takes to fill it up. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    BOOM!!!!!

This thing was a bear to put together! But we're gonna have some fun!! Oh, and I'm not the only one getting a new grill! Bought my neighbors son one for his birthday!!

XLBGE