Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket in CA

Options
I'm a Texan in California and I just can't get into tri tip

XLBGE- Napa, CA by way of ATX

Comments

• News2u
    News2u Posts: 335
    Options
    If it tastes half good as the smoke ring looks, you're in business.
    Beef...It's what's for dinner tonight.
  • hoofaloos
    hoofaloos Posts: 242
    Options
    It was fantastic...and the tenderness of the point put these pics to shame

• anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Give tri-tips a chance, hot& fast, sear the crap out of it, serve rare.

BTW, your brisket looks fantastic. Did you move to Napa, or are you visiting? Not the type of place I would picture a Texan wanting to move to, pretty foo-foo, and schmancy. Unless of course you are a wine connoisseur. I guess if you are in a remote area of Napa, you could squint real hard, and think you were in Texas. LOL Anyways, just yankin yer chain.
    Here's my brisket from the 4th. We DO know brisket here in Ca.
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Me think's you never had a really good tri tip .. you'd know if you did. Btw - your brisket's a thing of beauty!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • hoofaloos
    hoofaloos Posts: 242
    Options
    I agree on the tri tip. If I have a good one, it'll prob change my mind- although I can't see even the best one beating out brisket. 

We've been here almost a year & love it (aside from how much everything costs). Wine flows freely at all hours and the weather is the best in the country, IMO.  I guess you get what you pay for