Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Slap Ya Mama Ribs

Options
FINALLY my dealer brought in some slap your mama, they were pretty good, ordered some in right away and got set up as a vendor. These might be some of our best that turned out. Perfect balance between being firm and falling off the bone. No foil, cooked ~225 for 6 hours, sauced with a bold and spicy for the last 30 min. One was regular sauce with Bad Byron, the other was SYM with the bold and spicy. 
County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
1.jpg 572.6K
2.jpg 573.1K
3.jpg 636.2K

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    They look fantastic. I am keeping my mama away from you! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Damn those look good. Nicely done.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    Love ribs off the Egg. Those look awesome!!
    GWN
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    Nanook said:

They were great, love doing them. BBQ Country stocks a bit of the Slap Ya Mama now, and i requested Dizzy Pig months back, they had a whole display rack of it set up so looks like they will keep it stocked now. Just an FYI if you were interested Nanook.  
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    I'm confused are you now a vendor for slap ya mama?  Other than that the ribs look fantastic! 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    I'm confused are you now a vendor for slap ya mama?  Other than that the ribs look fantastic! 
    Absolutely not, lots of the top brands that I see everyone using on this forum arent that available up here. One of the dealers up here for BBQ's and Eggs is good enough to bring in special requests when requested. She brought me in 6 or more Swamp Venoms when the only other supplier in Alberta stopped selling. I emailed the Dizzy Pig Co and suggested contacting our store here to supply. Looks like it turned out well for both of them. I hope the same goes for Slap Ya Mama, although it looks liek you can get that in Leduc which is fairly close.
    So NO, i am in no way connected to any of these compaies nor do I recieve any discounts or bla bla bla. I benifit by not having to order out of the US and pay for shipping when I need a few bottles of spice.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    They look solid! Nice job cutting them
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Options
    I would make a road trip for some of those ribs.....great color!

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• Nanook
    Options
    Nanook said:

They were great, love doing them. BBQ Country stocks a bit of the Slap Ya Mama now, and i requested Dizzy Pig months back, they had a whole display rack of it set up so looks like they will keep it stocked now. Just an FYI if you were interested Nanook.  
    Thanks for the heads up. I, too suggested to BBQ Country that they carry Dizzy Pig. I also contacted Dizzy Pig about it and gave them BBQ Country 's contact info. I picked up some SYM the last time I was in Louisiana. I think it's good as well. Glad to hear they are listening and stocking some of these products. 
    GWN
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments. Always love to do ribs. These ones turned out almost perfect. 
    @Nanook , yes it is good to see! If you go and they run out of SYM let me know, my wife is in Leduc often and can grab some if needed and I can get it to you. Edm is just handy cause of work and I often stop by BBQ country.  
  • Nanook
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments. Always love to do ribs. These ones turned out almost perfect. 
    @Nanook , yes it is good to see! If you go and they run out of SYM let me know, my wife is in Leduc often and can grab some if needed and I can get it to you. Edm is just handy cause of work and I often stop by BBQ country.  
    Will do. Thanks!
    GWN
  • bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Absolutely not, lots of the top brands that I see everyone using on this forum arent that available up here. One of the dealers up here for BBQ's and Eggs is good enough to bring in special requests when requested. She brought me in 6 or more Swamp Venoms when the only other supplier in Alberta stopped selling. I emailed the Dizzy Pig Co and suggested contacting our store here to supply. Looks like it turned out well for both of them. I hope the same goes for Slap Ya Mama, although it looks liek you can get that in Leduc which is fairly close.
    So NO, i am in no way connected to any of these compaies nor do I recieve any discounts or bla bla bla. I benifit by not having to order out of the US and pay for shipping when I need a few bottles of spice.
    Must be nice, the dealers here seem to only want to deal in BGE brand merch.  Makes sense I guess since only hottub places sell BBQ stuff here and BBQ is small potatoes compared to a hottub for sales.  Not even our butchers (haven't been to them all) have much of anything for sauce and rub.  I have to drive to Regina to get "Fat bastards bear bite" BBQ sauce and when I do I stock up

Edit: I requested dizzy pick call my butcher a year ago and nothing.  But the butcher does carry BGE rub which I hear is dizzy pig?  No flavors I want tho
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada