Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EGG Competitions in Minnesota?

Options
ProductPoet
ProductPoet Posts: 63
edited July 2015 in EggHead Forum
Hi! I am looking to see if there are any EGG competitions here in Minnesota or if anyone knows of any resources to find some competitions?
I EGG, therefore I am.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Website
YouTube

Comments

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Look at KCBS home page they are not liimited to eggs though. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • ProductPoet
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Look at KCBS home page they are not liimited to eggs though. 
    Thanks @jstroke. I'll check it out.
    I EGG, therefore I am.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Website
    YouTube
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @ProductPoet There are Big Green Egg rib competitions around the Twin Cities throughout the summer 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    KCBS is probably your best bet.  You will be going up against all sorts of smokers though.  Everything from $300 smokey mountains to $15k Jambos.  They aren't competitions really but eggfests are a great place to show off your egg skills. Plus you'll meet a lot of people who are as crazy about the big green egg as we all are.  
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • ProductPoet
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    @ProductPoet There are Big Green Egg rib competitions around the Twin Cities throughout the summer 
    Hey @WeberWho?, any suggestions on where to find them?
    I EGG, therefore I am.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Website
    YouTube
  • ProductPoet
    Options

KCBS is probably your best bet.  You will be going up against all sorts of smokers though.  Everything from $300 smokey mountains to $15k Jambos.  They aren't competitions really but eggfests are a great place to show off your egg skills. Plus you'll meet a lot of people who are as crazy about the big green egg as we all are.  
    Thanks @Grillin_beers. I don't think we have an EGG fest here in Minnesota, so perhaps it is time I organize one.
    I EGG, therefore I am.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Website
    YouTube
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    @ProductPoet I'm sure some of your 150k Twitter followers are egg heads.  Partner with a local dealer and get it done! 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • yumdinger
    yumdinger Posts: 255
    Options
    Poolside, the Egg Dealer in Little Canada, MN (just North of St Paul) has one in September.  They also have a Rib contest event as well.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @ProductPoet Bone Daddy Classic rib competition in Shakopee is the biggest Big Green Egg competition in the Twin Cities that I'm aware of for purse size.  $1,000 for first place, 2nd place is medium BGE, 3rd is $250 store credit. All the other BGE rib competitions purse size for 1st is $500.  

Some apple orchard has a BGE cook off in Stillwater that you have to use their meat/fruit in. 

Midwest Eggfest is hosted by Poolside in Little Canada 

A forum member on the other BGE site holds a weekend eggers event called Frozen Fest that rents out cabins in February in northern Minnesota.  It's nothing "official" or sponsored by BGE.  Tons of drinking and eating.  Usually one of the highlights of the year for me
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ProductPoet
    Options
    @ProductPoet I'm sure some of your 150k Twitter followers are egg heads.  Partner with a local dealer and get it done! 
    Very true, @Grillin_beers. We share a lot of EGG pictures on Twitter and Instagram.
    I EGG, therefore I am.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Website
    YouTube
  • ProductPoet
    Options

yumdinger said:
    Poolside, the Egg Dealer in Little Canada, MN (just North of St Paul) has one in September.  They also have a Rib contest event as well.yumdinger said:
    Poolside, the Egg Dealer in Little Canada, MN (just North of St Paul) has one in September.  They also have a Rib contest event as well.
    Awesome @yumdinger. I'll check that out.
    I EGG, therefore I am.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Website
    YouTube
  • ProductPoet
    Options

WeberWho? said:
    @ProductPoet Bone Daddy Classic rib competition in Shakopee is the biggest Big Green Egg competition in the Twin Cities that I'm aware of for purse size.  $1,000 for first place, 2nd place is medium BGE, 3rd is $250 store credit. All the other BGE rib competitions purse size for 1st is $500.  

Some apple orchard has a BGE cook off in Stillwater that you have to use their meat/fruit in. 

Midwest Eggfest is hosted by Poolside in Little Canada 

A forum member on the other BGE site holds a weekend eggers event called Frozen Fest that rents out cabins in February in northern Minnesota.  It's nothing "official" or sponsored by BGE.  Tons of drinking and eating.  Usually one of the highlights of the year for me
    Thanks @WeberWho? These are great suggestions. No doubt, I'll check them out.
    I EGG, therefore I am.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Website
    YouTube