Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boston Butt Madness

Rebhanmh
Rebhanmh Posts: 79
Started with 20 pounds of raw meat and crushed a 17.5 hour smoke at 220. Last three hours I lathered in butter and wrapped in foil while bringing temp up to 300* to bring it home. Marinated for just over 36 hours in mustard and a local dry rub to test a new flavor, things turned out pretty good. Probably the most tender pork I've smoked yet. Not bad for my first smoke on the new BGE. (pulled at 205* internal by the way)
LBGE
Atoka, TN

Comments

• Bentgrass
    Bentgrass Posts: 443
    Nice work ! I'm slobbering looking at those pics...
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Clean break from gates... way to go!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Nice job!  Looks great!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Bentgrass
    Bentgrass Posts: 443
    Nice work ! I'm slobbering looking at those pics...
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.