Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pot luck ribs.

Options
rosco
rosco Posts: 48
Hello gang, we are having a work pot luck next week and I want to bring ribs but would like some advice. We are having an office meeting at 10 and the pot luck will start at 1130. I don't really have to show up to work until about 930 and I know that the ribs will stay hot in a cooler for hours. Using the standard 3-2-1 method, I would have to put the ribs on at about 2 or 3am. This is not an option. Is there any way I can serve hot ribs and not lose too much sleep?

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Just guessing here, but I think I would try something like just undercooking them dry the night before, put them in the fridge overnight, then cut the racks down just enough to fit them in a crock pot standing on edge, not stacked.  Heat them up that way then pull them out and sauce & slice.
  • Hapee
    Hapee Posts: 7
    Options
    What I recently did for a party elsewhere, no egg in sight, was do the 3-2 part the day before. Cool the ribs in the fridge overnight. There was a Weber grill at the party site, so I fired that up and (indirectly) heated the ribs for about half an hour. I suppose you could also do this in a regular oven; you've got the smokey taste covered already (smoke is only important at the beginning of your cook). Ribs came out fantastic, everyone loved them. 
  • rosco
    Options
    thanks fellas, I think I might try a test run on these and see what works.
  • gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Options
    Turbo those suckers. 350 for 2 hours, FTC till lunch, should be just fine.

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    +1 on turbo ribs.  Works for your schedule and gives great ribs.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • rosco
    Options
    the turbo idea has always scared me for some reason. It has been pounded in my head that bbq is low and slow, and I hesitate to pull the trigger on the turbo method. Maybe this time I take the plunge.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    give it a shot - I've never turbo'd ribs, but many say it works great.  test run this weekend.