Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Anybody Have a Vintage Stove?

Options
2»

Comments

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    @TigerTony is that something you'd be willing to part with??
    I could never part with the oven. It's been in my family for 112 years. No telling how old it is. We used it for a lacquer oven in our plating and polishing business. The building we owned was built in 1808. There is no telling how old the oven is.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

This is Paul Harvey with The Rest of the Story...

Wilma and I looked at the Frigidaire, but we didn't like it.  There was another one we wanted to see.  It's a GE from the 1960's.  We liked it and it was cheap enough so we bought it.  We got it home and one of the burners was not working.  I figured we would have to buy a part or two.  The problem is there is not even a parts list for this thing.  So I'm looking on the internet and found a couple of part numbers.  "I'll just take this cover off and see what the number on that switch is."   I had to loosen the switch so I could see the other side.  I got it unscrewed and Mr. Butterfingers drops it onto the chassis.  ZZZZAAAPPPPP!!!!!  Yes, I never turned off the power or unplugged it.  Now the thing is a boat anchor and we're back where we started.  I can't wait to tell Wilma when she gets home from work.    

Flint, Michigan
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options

This is Paul Harvey with The Rest of the Story...

Wilma and I looked at the Frigidaire, but we didn't like it.  There was another one we wanted to see.  It's a GE from the 1960's.  We liked it and it was cheap enough so we bought it.  We got it home and one of the burners was not working.  I figured we would have to buy a part or two.  The problem is there is not even a parts list for this thing.  So I'm looking on the internet and found a couple of part numbers.  "I'll just take this cover off and see what the number on that switch is."   I had to loosen the switch so I could see the other side.  I got it unscrewed and Mr. Butterfingers drops it onto the chassis.  ZZZZAAAPPPPP!!!!!  Yes, I never turned off the power or unplugged it.  Now the thing is a boat anchor and we're back where we started.  I can't wait to tell Wilma when she gets home from work.    

Would've been ok if you went gas..