Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just Finished My First Table!

Options
Just a basic table plan because it's for my medium egg and I plan up upgrading in the next few years. It was definitely a good learning experience. It's the first big thing I've built so there's definitely a sense of accomplishment! Not the most elaborate table but it will work for a few years. Broke it in tonight with a big bone-in ribeye!

Charlotte, NC

Comments

• thebbb
    thebbb Posts: 67
    Options
    Looks good.
    Lbge and MiniMax  in Southern Manitoba
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    And it's a beautiful table. My table is very similar to yours. The only thing different is I have a 4x10 inch opening in front of the ash door. This allows me to rake the ashes out. They fall through the 4x10 opening into a ash bucket I keep under the table.
    It makes for a easy clean out of the ashes. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Not to be Debbie downer, but is that just a small tile underneath?  I had a concrete paver under mine and it charred the wood in less than three months. Highly recommend a table nest. 

Looks great!
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    Table looks great! I do agree with @theyolksonyou, not to be rude just trying to help. Good job though
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • Biff_Tannen
    Options
    Not to be Debbie downer, but is that just a small tile underneath?  I had a concrete paver under mine and it charred the wood in less than three months. Highly recommend a table nest. 

Looks great!
    Yea....I had a paver stone in there at first but it was a little too think and raised my egg well above where I wanted it to be when coming out of the hole. Do you know how high the table nests raise the egg? I know I need something besides what I have but looking to keep it under and inch if possible. 
    Charlotte, NC
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Nice looking table and setup! 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • YYZegger
    YYZegger Posts: 231
    Options
    Very nice!

Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Nice table
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    THE EGG IS DESIGNED TO BE USED IN A METAL NEST OR WITH A METAL TABLE NEST, PROVIDING AN AIR GAP BELOW THE EGG – however you must exercise caution and not place an EGG directly over combustible material such as ground cover or an extremely dry wood surface even if using a Table Nest.
    A concrete paver block or granite tile is often used to support the EGG when used in a table or built-in. If not used in conjunction with a Table Nest, it is recommended that these be stacked at least 3” thick for proper heat protection.
    FOR MAXIMUM HEAT PROTECTION, IT IS BEST THAT A GRANITE TILE AND A METAL TABLE NEST BE USED IN COMBINATION, particularly if EGG is routinely used for long cooks or high temperature cooking and is placed over a wood surface.

From BGE SITE
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    3.0" Wide, 2.0" Tall, 20.0" Deep, 3.325 Pounds
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Very nice!

Ricky

Boerne, TX