Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Uggh. This guy bothers me.

Options

This guy has been posting this "egg" on CL over the last 2+ years for $400.. This time he is neglecting to highlight it has cracks in base/removed pictures showing damage. I really hope no one thinks this is a good deal for their husband for fathers day. Buyer beware!

http://nashville.craigslist.org/grd/5075708332.html

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I have  bought 2 like that for $10 each at estate sales over the years.  They are restorable and if kept below 350-375F work great.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    It's been on there for years. ...I blocked it on my cl app
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
    Options
    I'm sorry @henapple  with antibiotics no way your Clapp should last years.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I wish emails from an a$shole was still around.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Free market=buyer beware 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Tell him you want to buy it, and set up the meeting at the local police department. Arrive 5 minutes early and tell the desk sergeant you're buying something expensive from Craig's List and just don't want to be mugged for your cash.

They will be happy to look over your shoulder while you point out that this $400 item has cracks that make it basically unusable.

He might even get a citation for attempted Internet fraud.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically.