Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Barbecue Baked Beans - Fabulous!

Options
MoncaJ
MoncaJ Posts: 2
We have had our BGE for 3 weeks and my husband bought me the BGE Cookbook.  I am anxious to try many of the recipes.  Yesterday we cooked chicken thighs and I decided to try the Barbecue Baked Beans recipe.  It was outstanding!  Very easy to prepare, just assemble all of your prepped ingredients and except for the bacon and onions getting some upfront cooking you dump everything else in at one time.  After the final 30 minutes of cooking, we took the Dutch Oven off of the BGE until later when our guests arrived.  We put the pot back on the EGG for awhile as the EGG was cooling.  When it was time for dinner the beans developed a beautiful deep color and everyone raved about the flavor!  One other note I did make the homemade BBQ Sauce from the book as well - the beans call for 3 cups of the sauce.  It was delicious on its own.

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    First, welcome to the forum and the lifestyle. Sounds like you've made a clean start out of the gate!

My only comment is for you to remember... "pictures, or it didn't happen"

Looking forward to seeing more of your cooks.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Wellcome, we nead pichures we dont reed good

seriously, post em up and welcome. 
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• MoncaJ
    MoncaJ Posts: 2
    Options
    OMG, sorry I didn't understand about the pictures, will never happen again!  LOL!!!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    No worries You get a "newbie pass" on the missing Pr0N :wink: . Welcome aboard. FWIW I can almost see, smell and taste em from your description. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL