Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New $200 XL BGE With Custom Camouflage Mates

Options
2»

Comments

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Congrats and you suck!  =)
    What he said
    New Albany, Ohio 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,031
    Options

@WeberWho? I remember watching when they announced that. Kayla (?) looked pretty jazzed and just a little typsy :)! I won a medium for 2nd place and did the same thing, upgraded to a large for an extra $190. Dan & Jim are good people.
    @scooter759 Man good memory! She was playing it up good with the win. She came back laughing and says, "I have no idea why I went down on one knee and pretended that I just scored a goal when they called my name". She was loving it! We missed second place by a point or two but the gift card came in handy with the plate setter.  Congrats on 2nd!  Dan and Jim are super good people and a great dealer
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    edited June 2015
    Options

caliking said:
    Holy sh*t! You lucky bastige. I've never won a damn thing from raffles and such. I would have passed out if that had happened to me.
    @caliking I have no luck either. I once won some outdoor solar pathway lights in bingo when I was 10 playing bingo. What's a 10 year old going to do with solar lights? My wife always seems to win stuff.  She even made it on the Price is Right and got to the showdown. Me, solar lights!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Congrats and you suck!  =)
    What he said
    @THEBuckeye Haha thanks!  

Minnesota
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    AWESOME!!!

Nice work with the camo paint job.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• WeberWho
    Options
    Focker said:
    AWESOME!!!

Nice work with the camo paint job.
    Much appreciated @Focker My first attempt at painting camouflage. I watched 20-30 different videos on YouTube for tips and tricks. I didn't know what to expect. It was a learning process but I enjoyed it.  I was also tempted to do the nest but decided to skip it for now 

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,193
    edited June 2015
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
     My wife always seems to win stuff.  She even made it on the Price is Right and got to the showdown. 
    That's awesome! My wife loves TPIR. She DVR's it. Was your wife on with Bob or Drew? 
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Congrats @WeberWho?.  I am not that lucky either it seems.  I wish I would have known about all the eggfest and rib cook offs when I was working up in Minneapolis a year and a half ago.  That would have been fun and probably would have gotten my egg sooner.  It sounds like you had a great time too and the paint job on the mates is great.  Nice work.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • WeberWho
    edited June 2015
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
     My wife always seems to win stuff.  She even made it on the Price is Right and got to the showdown. 
    That's awesome! My wife loves TPIR. She DVR's it. Was your wife on with Bob or Drew? 
    She was on with Bob Barker.  Within the last few weeks of his last show. They interview everyone before the show and my wife's name tag kept falling of when interviewing. They kind of played off each other joking about her name tag falling off. So she was called as a contestant.  She got to spin the wheel and she won a $1 total when spinning.  She also won some $4,000 world globe. It's still in the cardboard box it shipped in at our house. It's never been taken out. She refuses to sell it as she is calling it a "family heirloom". Ugh! She over bid the showcase showdown by $400. A fun adventure with her and her friend to say the least  

So I wasn't going to write my name and number down to win an egg! =)

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Congrats @WeberWho?.  I am not that lucky either it seems.  I wish I would have known about all the eggfest and rib cook offs when I was working up in Minneapolis a year and a half ago.  That would have been fun and probably would have gotten my egg sooner.  It sounds like you had a great time too and the paint job on the mates is great.  Nice work.
    @Ladeback69 Thanks! I've seen 6 different Big Green Egg events here in the Twin Cities the last couple year.  A local furniture store will also run Big Green Egg commercials on TV.  I'd still say 95% of the people here in Minnesota would have no idea if you asked them what a Big Green Egg was! :o I'm glad you found Big Green Egg Twin Cities or not!

Minnesota
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    @Ladeback69 Thanks! I've seen 6 different Big Green Egg events here in the Twin Cities the last couple year.  A local furniture store will also run Big Green Egg commercials on TV.  I'd still say 95% of the people here in Minnesota would have no idea if you asked them what a Big Green Egg was! :o I'm glad you found Big Green Egg Twin Cities or not!
    I knew about BGE for around 20 years and last year I finally got one and kick myself for not buying one then instead of gas.  I thought is was to much work and wanted the easy start it and cook method of the gas grill.  I was able to make good food with the gasser, but had to keep fixing it with new parts every few years out of my own pocket.  We have a family friend who just got a medium and I may have another friend interested in one soon.  I need to take him to my dealer to show him what he can get.  He has eating food off of mine many times and likes it.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Options
    Wow, what a great day! Congrats!
  • WeberWho
    Options
    EagleIII said:
    Wow, what a great day! Congrats!
    Much appreciated! @EagleIII

Minnesota
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    Now that's a cool story.  Congrats on a super score!
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Greeno55 said:
    Now that's a cool story.  Congrats on a super score!
    Thank you! @Greeno55

Minnesota
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Wow...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,144
    edited June 2015
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    Why do these stories always happen to someone else :s Tell your wife congrats. 
    Hey! This story happened to one of US !!!!  ;)
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!