Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mobile grilling with the Egg

Options
Anybody have suggestions on transporting an egg on a grilling station without it cracking?

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Built this table with 2x4s and Birch plywood for travel.  Put extra nomex I had lyin' around on the side of the hole and ceramic feet for the rubbing/friction.  Used my buddy's wetsaw to split split firebricks for heat absorption underneath.  Wood shims to hold the innards during travel.  No bungees or straps during transport.  The weight and DeeZee bedmat keep it from moving around.  Have taken it off road at Hidden Lake and through the Appalachian Mountains without issue.    

One thing I've learned with eggfests and camping.  Keep it streamlined, and keep it simple.  

Lower tailgate.  Pull out table.  Dump lump.  Light.  Cook.  Shut vents, slide into bed.  Shut tailgate.  Hang around and drink beer while everyone packs up. lol

Worked great in Peoria last weekend.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    @Focker   You've got a nice set up.  I like.
    Phoenix 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    @blasting, thanks
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."