Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Cape May NJ

Options
I have to be eggless for a week on vacation. I was wondering if anyone here could recommend any good places to eat around Cape May NJ. Thanks in advance. 
XL, Chesterfield VA

Comments

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    I am there every weekend, but we are usually eating food I take down or we order food to the boat.  With that being said, I do know a few places. What kind of places are are you looking for?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options

Georges Place or his little brothers place a couple doors down, called Y B's you won't be disappointed.

Martini Beach is another favorite, they serve tapas and the best scallops I ever tasted.

You almost can't go wrong down there.

Mad Batter for breakfast, also.

I love the town.

• Mbry8381
    Mbry8381 Posts: 11
    Options
    Somewhere for breakfast and then a place to take the wife for dinner one night while the in-laws watch the kids. We both like seafood.
    XL, Chesterfield VA
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    The Sea Grill in Avalon is our favorite shore restaurant for nights like that... 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Key west tacos in CM is a hole in the wall kinda joint.  Limited menu, wait can be a bit long to in and out in less than 5 mins, but cheap, super relaxed, and the tacos are great.  Good place for lunch. 

The oyster house is more "classy" and higher priced.  Ate there on sat night for dinner. Before you order dinner, ask if they have the banana fosters cheesecake, and if so, get it.  Order your meal accordingly, but get the cheesecake.

Dock Mikes is also in CM, and go for breakfast. Warning, they only take cash.  Get there early.  A little pricey, but their specialty pancakes are fantastic. Lucky bones is also good for breakfast. 

Those are the only places I would personally reccommend that I have been to several times and have never been disappointed that are in Cape May.  However, just over the $1.50 bridge (toll on the way back), you have wildwood crest, then wildwood, plenty of places in stone harbor, Avalon and ocean city. 
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Texansurf
    Texansurf Posts: 507
    Options
    I don't recommend the Recruit Training Center, the food wasn't that great in 89
    Corpus Christi, Texas.  LBGE x 2, Weber Smoky Joe, and Aussie Walk-About
  • Mbry8381
    Mbry8381 Posts: 11
    Options
    We are actually in wildwood. Did a little walking on the boardwalk. We are going to venture out tomorrow
    XL, Chesterfield VA