Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got some new egg toys today...

Options
Found a killer new egg dealer today.  Well new to me.  It's actually not a good thing. 

Comments

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    I've actually found going to my egg dealer helps me lose weight.  Every time I go in I walk a a little lighter in the wallet.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    He shoots...he scores
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    Options

Us too!  Well a new gasket and a new charcoal fire grate.  Again, because of you folks you influence the things we buy.  I was talking about the new fire grate, and how YOU said it lets air flow through better, just nonchalantly.  Then next thing you know the spousal unit (SU) is researching, next thing you know he has bought it. 

Do you think if I keep talking about an adjustable rig long it will arrive in the mail too???  Keeping my fingers crossed.

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Support your local Dealer! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Nice! I'm going to assume you got them all for a good price.
    ryantt said:
    I've actually found going to my egg dealer helps me lose weight.  Every time I go in I walk a a little lighter in the wallet.  
    Just logging in to this forum for the last month has lightened my wallet. Keep finding new things that I didn't know I wanted: Table for the BGE (which means I have to buy a router and pocket hole kit), KAB and a Rock's Stoker.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• QingEsq
    QingEsq Posts: 241
    Options
    Cool @YouEnjoyMyEgg.  Enjoy the new toys.  What is the dealer's name and location?  Killer dealers deserve the good publicity and word of mouth.
    Always seeking the high I experienced from my first true BBQ experience.
    Downingtown, PA
    LBGE, WSM, Weber Kettle
  • YouEnjoyMyEgg
    YouEnjoyMyEgg Posts: 168
    edited June 2015
    Options
    QingEsq said:
    Cool @YouEnjoyMyEgg.  Enjoy the new toys.  What is the dealer's name and location?  Killer dealers deserve the good publicity and word of mouth.
    Got them all at Roswell Hardware (Roswell, GA).  I can't guarentee they are killer deals, I was just impressed with the selection of accessories.  They pretty much had most of the things that  get talked about on this forum.  But below is what I paid.  I will say that they seemed to have a good price on the MiniMax set - $494.  Good no?  (my dealer wants $599).

iGrill2 - $99
    Kick Ash Basket (for BGE Large)- $49
    Smokeware Chimney Cap - $39

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    The large KAB straight from KAB will cost you $60 PLUS shipping ($10+). You might have stole it for $49.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    Options
    QingEsq said:
    Got them all at Roswell Hardware (Roswell, GA).  I can't guarentee they are killer deals, I was just impressed with the selection of accessories.  They pretty much had most of the things that  get talked about on this forum.  But below is what I paid.  I will say that they seemed to have a good price on the MiniMax set - $494.  Good no?  (my dealer wants $599).

iGrill2 - $99
    Kick Ash Basket (for BGE Large)- $49
    Smokeware Chimney Cap - $39

I love that place! Wish there was something like that near me. I would just go in to see what they have new like I do at Costco.
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    Great score!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    Options

The nearest dealer to me just doesn't seem to be into pushing the product.  Maybe it's just me.  They have a lot of the grills on display but the accessory section is weak sauce.  In addition it's right next to the cash registers of this hardware store, and it's really young kids (girls mostly) that work there that really aren't interested in selling their employers product.  

Come to think of it, if they put my old A$$ at that register I'll bet we would have a record sale in BGE's and accessories.  May be a less stressful career for me.