Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hankering for Meatloaf

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
The sun came out Sunday in our lil part of Texas and I knew I wanted to fire up the Egg. Couldn't think of what to do, until I remembered @platypusrex post about meatloaf last week and suddenly I had a hankering. Thanks for the inspiration. I really need to start visiting this site more again as lately I need that inspiration as I can never think of what to cook.

After suggesting meatloaf to my wife, she said we should do "that 1770 House Meatloaf" that you used to make me. It's an Ina Garten recipe and it does not feature a ketchup or bbq sauce base topping, but rather a garlic butter herb sauce. We haven't done it in forever.

Egg lit and setup indirect at 400F using our Flame Boss 100 so I could help watch Duke and do other things. One small chunk of hickory as ground beef absorbs smoke like a sponge.

Almost done. Took a little over an hour. Wasn't really paying attention to time. Just pulled it at 155.

Served it with some mashed taters and some sprouts that I whipped up along with a Summer Fest ale. Pretty darn good eats.

Thanks for the inspiration @platypusrex .

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

2.jpg 115.2K
6.jpg 150.7K
8.jpg 157.5K

Comments