Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bread and Brisket

Options
SkinnyV
SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
Today was a good day, had a 3lb brisket on the max and decided to do my sourdoughs on the large. 3 ingredients for the bread (sourdough starter, salt and bread flour). All worked out well bread done in the la creuset top on for first 20-25 mins, top off last 15.

Seattle, WA

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Nice.  How long did the brisket take on the Max?  My BIL gave me a brisket flat about that same size he wants me to cook for him and I was thinking of taking my Mini Max to his house and cooking it right there for them.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Nice. That bread looks fantastic!
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I love bread and brisket, nice!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Nice.  How long did the brisket take on the Max?  My BIL gave me a brisket flat about that same size he wants me to cook for him and I was thinking of taking my Mini Max to his house and cooking it right there for them.
    Really all depends on temp, today was a bust because the MM died on me while we were out for a bike ride. None of my briskets on the max have been great due to timing and temp fluctuations, I've also needed em too soon to let em finish proper. 250-275 degrees for a 3-4 lb brisket I'd say 5-6 hours and you will be fine. I've done em on the mini with great results. But in the end it really just depends.
    Seattle, WA
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    Looks great!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Wow!  Excellent work. :clap: 
    The loaves and brisky are spot on.