Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Aluminum table

Options
2»

Comments

• buttsampler
    buttsampler Posts: 20
    Options
    My first cook was pork chops and then for dessert I made peach Cobbler and ice cream...had a fantastic afternoon...many more to come.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    @buttsampler  Greetings and welcome to the forum.  I recognized your table right off as the same one @tcampbellhas in his amazing set up.  Then I saw he already chimed in.  You've got a nice set up yourself.  Side note - some friends just gave me the same dutch oven you have pictured - they bought it and then realized they were too intimidated by cast iron to use it.  

I see you picked up a nest already, but I'll chime in anyway - the egg isn't going to hurt the aluminum, but it may have damaged the paint if you left it as you had it originally.  Since all you're looking to accomplish is to protect the paint (no fire risk), you alternatively could have put any type of metal spacer under the egg to create a gap.  What you've done is perfect - have fun.
    Phoenix 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    I have the same table, I got these little Frogs sitting on lily pads at Walmart in the garden section (they are pot raisers)..$2,00 each..
    I think we may have to start another thread just to give John a hard time about the bath toys holding his egg up, lol.  Love it.
    Phoenix 
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Won't hurt the aluminum. May hurt the paint. But I would imagine the MFG would have used high heat paint
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Looking good. Just a tip, if you rotate the leg of the table nest about 6-8" either way, it will be easier to clean out the ashes. The leg will not be in the way of a dust pan. Maybe you put it that way because of the layout of the slats on the tables shelf?  Nice setup. 
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    What are you store's hours?!? I'd like to swing by for some lump. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,644
    Options
    While I was cleaning the egg this morning I thought I would just add this pic as another advantage of the slatted base of this table...Everything just falls through the slats...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • buttsampler
    buttsampler Posts: 20
    Options
    Great idea...I have the same bucket...I think I will put it to work