Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flying in for the EGGtoberFest -- How can I get tickets?

Options
I'm trying to plan for the 2015 EGGtoberFest -- We will be coming from two separate cities, from two different states one almost a 1000 miles away one about 500 miles away. 

We need to get flights and hotel and rental car... 

I already have the hotel and rental car because they are easy to cancel. 

But I can't book the flights until I know I can score tickets -- which makes planning a pain. 

When (exact date please) do tickets go on sale?
How fast do the tickets sell out?
Is there any special way I can call "dibbs" on two tickets now -- considering the distances we are planning to travel? 

Thanks, 
JJJ

Comments

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Haven't seen anything posted yet, but I live just by the airport if you need a hand with anything!

I think tickets go on sale July/August if memory serves me right (50/50 shot there!!)

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• SmokinTiger81
    SmokinTiger81 Posts: 746
    Options
    Assuming you are just wanting to buy taster tickets and not cooks tickets, you will have plenty of time to buy those once they go on sale.   The tickets normally don't sell out until two weeks or so before the event--and they will go on sale I think in August timeframe if like last year.   The cooks tickets sell out very quickly--but it is like 300 cooks tickets and 3000 event tickets.
  • SmokinTiger81
    SmokinTiger81 Posts: 746
    Options
    I looked back, last year sales started Aug 4
  • tsutsugamushi
    Options
    @smokinTiger81 @DaveRichardson thanks for the info, yes it is just taster tickets we want. I'll be checking for the tickets first week of August. It should give us plenty of time to make the other reservations... Thanks for the info.