Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thighs

Options
Langner91
Langner91 Posts: 2,120
I keep coming back to my favorite BGE meal.  For some reason, chicken thighs are in my wheel house.  Tonight, I made thighs, rubbed with Dizzy Dust, cooked at 375* raised on three soda cans.  After the turn at 30 minutes, I put the second grid on and laid out the aspergrass wrapped in prosciutto.  By the time the chicken hit 165, the aspergrass was tender.

SWMBO made her pasta carbonara.  What a great side to go with the rest of the meal.  The pancetta in the carbonara fit right in with the grilled chicken.

Hopefully, some day I will be as good with steaks, butt, or other protein as I am with chicken thighs.

Clinton, Iowa

Comments

• Class_of_75
    Class_of_75 Posts: 49
    Options
    I think we all have something where we absolutely kill it every time and then there are other cooks that are challenges every time. I have no trouble with butts and ribs and even brisket, but for some reason I'm hit or miss with wings and burgers. 

Littleton, Colorado

LBGE

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Looks great. Stuffed thighs are good also...especially matching the Italian theme.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    Options
    We love chicken thighs. The egg does a great job rendering the fat while imparting smoke and staying moist. 
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    I would guess that thighs are in your wheel house because thighs are the best piece on a chicken!  
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.