Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

last nites ribeye

Options

I watched an episode of ATK on PBS and they talked about salting a steak and then cooking.  I have been doing that for a long time but I always used course Kosher salt, ATK used fine grind Kosher salt and measured out the amount. 

My first try with this method.  1/2 teaspoon of Kosher salt to each side of a 11/2inch (+/-) choice ribeye from Costco.  I did this in the morning put the fridge until the evening.  This is almost a perfect cut.. the deckle (spinals dorsi), my favorite part, half circles the eye

When I pulled out of the fridge there was on evidence of any salt, nothing to wipe off. I elected not to pat is dry, just put on the mini at close to 400 and fished with fresh ground pepper.

Sorry not plated pics
The left over

This was the juiciest and most tender steak cooked to date.  I will be using this salting method again.

Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx

Comments