Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

POOOOOF - problem troll is gone!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
Just got an email reply from Rob.
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    Good deal!
    NW IOWA
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    No just banned, but zapped. Good riddance. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Thank be to the powers that be. I have a high tolerance level, but that was too much.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I hope he said they were going to start paying more attention so this sort of thing doesn't go on for days next time.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    I got an email reply from Rob as well. I'm sure he didn't want to have to deal with this on a Sunday evening but I'm appreciative that he did. 
  • Jaime
    Jaime Posts: 87
    Options
    Yeah, I got a nice mail from Rob as well.   Good riddance to the jerk.  Never seen such a pure troll.   Swordsmn using wife's ipad
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    Back under the bridge!!  Well done, Sir!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Egghead_Daron
    Egghead_Daron Posts: 862
    Options
    Wow! I just looked at the first page and this forum seems to be about food for the most part again. Yay!!!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • StillSmoken
    StillSmoken Posts: 327
    Options
    I haven't been really active in posting lately. I stubbled on a couple of his post and quickly realized he was way out of line. What an idiot.   To all who sent out emails to get him banned. Thank you. 
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • RRP
    Options
    I got an email reply from Rob as well. I'm sure he didn't want to have to deal with this on a Sunday evening but I'm appreciative that he did. 
    Never knew a moderator's job hours ran 8 to 5 M-F.
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    So what's stops this Arse from just jumping back on with a different phone or iPad or whatever. Sounds like it was someone known to the forum already???
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    Options
    Dangit, I was going to slip a post or two in while the focus was on someone else.. Oh well, back to lurking. haha ;) In all seriousness, that dude was beyond trolling.. Glad to see he just didn't get banned, but nuked completely.
  • Hunter1881
    Hunter1881 Posts: 406
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Nothing much offends me. And I typically find the tomfoolery around here amusing. But he was just an idiot
    Henderson TN. 1 large BGE, 1 Webber Gasser (recently seems to have converted into a warming oven)
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Nice work. That guy was ridiculous
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,948
    Options
    I wonder how many emails Rob got.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm not normally one to wish bad or ill will on anyone. However in this case, I'm glad he is gone. Hey I get it, jokes is jokes but his stuff was just lewd and vulgar. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Sounds like I take the right right approach...on this forum each day multiple times throughout the day and I don't know the guy.  The common sense "ignore that thread/post" is paying dividends.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    RRP said:
    Never knew a moderator's job hours ran 8 to 5 M-F.
    Yes...they should skip mothers day and watch this forum. Smfh.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • RRP
    Options
    Rob? Or maybe the emails that Ardie who is now the head dude at BGE got and he asked Rob WTH was going on! All we know is someone lit a fire under Rob tonight after all this time and he did what he should have done a long time ago! 
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    I suggest the next time(and there will be a next time), forum members should completely ignore newly posted threads by these morons. It's tough to not open the thread due to curiosity, but ignoring may help them change their behavior or move on. Unfortunately, I have no idea on how to curb them from posting within others threads. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • RRP
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    I suggest the next time(and there will be a next time), forum members should completely ignore newly posted threads by these morons. It's tough to not open the thread due to curiosity, but ignoring may help them change their behavior or move on. Unfortunately, I have no idea on how to curb them from posting within others threads. 
    I hear you and I FULLY agree, but as an active moderator elsewhere I have the authority and do use a ban and full deletion capability when some idiot hits our forum. This crap here has gone on way too long PLUS Vanilla is getting paid to moderate. I still think that finally today some one reached clear to the top of BGE and there was a "come to Jesus" call made! 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,948
    Options
    RRP said:
    Rob? Or maybe the emails that Ardie who is now the head dude at BGE got and he asked Rob WTH was going on! All we know is someone lit a fire under Rob tonight after all this time and he did what he should have done a long time ago! 
    Man I bet that Ardie takes forum trolls seriously!!!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Zarcon
    Options
    RRP said:
     Vanilla is getting paid to moderate.
    I do not want to disagree but Vanilla is just the open-source software used to create these forums. Anyone is freely available to use this software. I'm sure they have paid for a license, but it is up to BGE to moderate the forums they have created.

What they need to do is assign a 'Webmaster' or at least a few 'Moderators' to watch over these forums as part of their daily duties. Having to email a BGE employee indicates something is wrong. I hope their 'come to Jesus' meeting included assigning a Moderator (or 2, 3).
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Zarcon said:
    RRP said:
     Vanilla is getting paid to moderate.
    I do not want to disagree but Vanilla is just the open-source software used to create these forums. Anyone is freely available to use this software. I'm sure they have paid for a license, but it is up to BGE to moderate the forums they have created.

What they need to do is assign a 'Webmaster' or at least a few 'Moderators' to watch over these forums as part of their daily duties. Having to email a BGE employee indicates something is wrong. I hope their 'come to Jesus' meeting included assigning a Moderator (or 2, 3).
    Man, you sure sound experienced.  Almost like you run a forum or something.  :pensive: 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Zarcon
    Options
    If you only knew.. B)
  • RRP
    Options

Man I bet that Ardie takes forum trolls seriously!!!
    Where has he been for the past month or so? 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,044
    Options
    He might be gone but all the spam/troll/abuse flags he gave me are not.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • RRP
    Options
    He might be gone but all the spam/troll/abuse flags he gave me are not.
    Jamie, Why not take up that issue with Rob, while we have his attention? That can and should be an easy fix even with Vanilla.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Aww, I'm gonna miss him.
    You guys did know that he is a recent widower, and will now have to support his 14 children alone on his taxi job salary, right?  And that he has inoperable ovarian cancer?  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.