Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salty Cod (Bacalao)

Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    That looks really good. Just how salty is it?
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited May 2015
    I usually don't even open posts that start with the word Salt. But your stuff always looks so good, I had to look. I won't do salted cod, but I might try that with salmon or unsalted somethingorother. It looks delicious!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    After two days soaked in water it was totally unsalted. 
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • myc5
    myc5 Posts: 16
    I agree with cookn biker, after soaking the code in water for at least overnight and changing the water, the saltiness goes away. My mother-in-law used do Bacalao in the oven and it was delicious.
  • Walt2015
    Walt2015 Posts: 583
    I'd like to make a push to get @cookn biker on Chopped or some show like that. Your posts all look incredible and the variety is unmatched. Thank you. 
    Memphis, TN ----> Chattanooga, TN
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,569
    Man you take egging to another level...Fantastic post.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....