Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Show me your multiple (tiered, raised etc) grill setups please.

Options
gmac
gmac Posts: 1,814
I have been asked to do a bunch if brisket for a party so I need to cook 4 briskest on two larges. I was thinking of building a raised grill style set up in order to do one below the other. I know there are excellent set ups you can buy but I don't have time and I'm cheap so I am looking for inspiration for homemade multiple tier systems. 
Thanks. 
Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Two empty beer cans and another grate on top. Place bricks on fire ring and grate on top. Buy long bolts and nuts and washers. All will work in a pinch
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    I definitely didn't got the cheap route, but my setup was a spider with stone, the the AR with 2 large packers.  You may be able to get 2 grates separated with a DIY setup, but you still need a 3rd level (lowest) for the indirect element.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1154680/double-trouble

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Walt2015
    Walt2015 Posts: 583
    Options
    I add my pizza stone at the 6 o' clock position where there's a gap in my PS to protect the end of the brisket from direct heat. These are 6" carriage bolts. Wish I had gotten a slightly smaller grid for more dome clearance. 

Memphis, TN ----> Chattanooga, TN
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    First, I would try to fit two briskets on each egg. If that's impossible, cheapest and easiest way to separate the two grills is aluminum cans.

If the briskets are too big to fit two of them side by side, make sure they're also not too big (height) to fit between the grills. (4.8" standard can)

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Thanks all. I like the idea of adding the pizza stone. 
    Im hoping to do 2 side by side with a 3rd above on each (yes, I said 4 above but plans have changed yet again, may need to do us many as 6).  

I was was gonna go with PS legs up, grill, brisket, raised grill, brisket. How much do I have to worry about blocking off the air flow?  I can add a few bricks onto the PS to block off some of the gaps to avoid drying out the over hang areas. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.