Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Minimax

Options
What is everyone's thoughts on the Minimax? I have a large but have pondered a small or a minimax. I don't do a ton of camping or tailgating but I do a little. Curious to know opinions on the functionality of the minimax for daily use. 

Thanks!

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    It is bulky and not that easy to transport alone.  It is easy to move if you are two to do it.

Options
    I just tweaked my back moving it yesterday!  :bawling: 

I like it though. I only needed occasional portability. I use it for a lot of cooks at home.  It doesn't use much lump and you can fit a good amount of food on it. 

It it seems to heat up a little slow if I do just a starter square. It gets up to temp much quicker with a chimney and newspaper, or just vegetable oil soaked newspaper. 

SWMBO wanted it because it was "cute". 
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    @Royal Coachmen ... Hey brother, don't be afraid to look at the mini. I can (strategically placed) cook two racks of ribs, a tri tip, a 4 lb chicken and with your imagination, lots of other great cooks. Best of all it weighs all but 39 lbs.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    I can carry my medium by myself.  Just akward but it works.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I can carry my medium by myself.  Just akward but it works.
    Beast mode. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    We use ours a LOT!  It's a BGE so it's not like lifting balsa wood. :tongue: Lots of room and very functional at home or on the road. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • otter
    otter Posts: 342
    Options
    We have a large and small, have put the small in the back seat of the truck with the seat belt , just us two we use the small for weekly dinners. Like it.
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE