Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RRP imitation meatloaf

Options
Trying a close version of RRP meatloaf tonight topped with my homemade bacon. Rain is playing with temp a little but better than the tornadoes of last night. Will post finished product.  
Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Whew! I thought this was going to be Ron's tofu loaf.  ;)
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Nice pic of the deck and river. Looks good so far. 
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    Almost ready

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • Roadpuke0
    Options
    Time to grub!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • Roadpuke0
    Options
    Well I have to say not to bad. I do like the saute of the veg first. I think it's more has more flavore this way. Just the rite kiss of smoke and not dry. I agree with Ron that this is going to make a killer sandwich tomorrow. Hope I met the mark Ron.

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Looks good from here! Hope you liked the recipe! Did you smoke it?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Roadpuke0
    Options
    To decent size pieces of cherry as your reciepe stated. Did not over power at all.

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Loaf looks good. Looks like you have a big dEck. 
  • NCEggSmoker
    NCEggSmoker Posts: 336
    Options
    Nice looking meatloaf. That homemade bacon looks awesome too. 
    Raleigh NC, Large BGE and KJ Joe Jr.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Roadpuke0 said:
    To decent size pieces of cherry as your reciepe stated. Did not over power at all.
    Good! Any chance you and some buds will attend the 13th annual Peoria Eggfest on Saturday, June 6th? It is FREE and the trip from Chicagoland to Peoria is an easy 2.5 hour drive AT MOST. It runs from 10 to 3 but some of us diehards start at 8. BTW we have had several regular eggers make the trip "down" here from the Windy City area for years! NOT being a smarty*ss here but if you or your buddies are interested the eggs that day can be bought for a 10% discount plus there are eggcessories thrown in. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    Options
    Looks amazing!!
    McKinney, TX
  • Roadpuke0
    Options
    RRP said:
    Roadpuke0 said:
    Good! Any chance you and some buds will attend the 13th annual Peoria Eggfest on Saturday, June 6th? It is FREE and the trip from Chicagoland to Peoria is an easy 2.5 hour drive AT MOST. It runs from 10 to 3 but some of us diehards start at 8. BTW we have had several regular eggers make the trip "down" here from the Windy City area for years! NOT being a smarty*ss here but if you or your buddies are interested the eggs that day can be bought for a 10% discount plus there are eggcessories thrown in. 
    I would be interested in that. Just have to check the old calendar. Busy time of the year for me.

Bristol, Wisconsin