Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RRP i made the wild bore bbq sause

Options
Its pretty good it about as good as any of the store bout stuff but there are some sweetness is this typical or did i do something wrong?
thanks for all your help on this board

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    If you followed the directions about the sugar then apparently it is too sweet for you. I don't really care for sweet BBQ sauce and I can enjoy a whole spoonful straight and have no problem so you must be more sensitive to it.  If you make it again I suggest just 1 instead of 2 cups of sugar.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Don't feel that you have to follow recipes verbatim.  I will add more or less of ingredients based on my tastes. 
    edited April 2015
    Options
    One suggestion is to cut it with something that is not sweet.  The most common item would be apple cider vinegar, but others include mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, etc. 

Oh yeah- and hot sauce.  Obviously you have to be a little careful so you don't get it too hot. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.