Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's special at HEB?

Options
2»

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,675
    Options
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,733
    Options

@Legume - They still carry it near you? That was the clearance price a couple of years ago in these parts. Goes for about $6 + shipping online, I think.

The BH regular is kinda sweet for my taste, but SWMBO loves it. The BH red cut 50-50 with the regular is pretty good. I like their Smokey Mountain flavor the best.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,637
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yeah, this was just the other day.  Not marked as clearance, but they only had this one.  I haven't seen it at most HEBs

I bought three.
  • jimithing
    jimithing Posts: 254
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Hotch said:
    HEB has one of the best selection proteins of any grocery store I have ever been to. The meat counter is top notch. Nice guys and a wealth of knowledge. That is why every time we go to Salado I always stop and load up on the way back. I wish we had one close to us in Prosper.
    Have wondered if some kind of North Texas agreement going on between stores? They do have Central Markets in North Texas.
    People have speculated that there was an agreement between Tom Thumb and HEB that HEB wouldn't enter the Dallas market but Tom Thumb (Safeway) was recently acquired by the parent company of Albertson's.  So if there really is/was an agreement it should be out the window now.

In my opinion it probably has more to do with not having a large distribution facility near Dallas.  HEB has been buying up land in the DFW area so I hope they are going to expand shortly.  I send them an e-mail at least once a year telling them they need to expand up here.  Here's an article about them buying land.

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/retail/20150325-h-e-b-quietly-buying-land-in-north-texas.ece

XL BGE
    Plano, TX
  • Texansurf
    Texansurf Posts: 507
    Options
    If you are near one of the larger stores, be sure to check out the out door section, lots of toys, that I have worked in to my BBQ tool chest.

The store brands are pretty good.  But, what I love most is the fresh food items, the seafood department, meat, and produce are above any other grocery store I have ever been to.  

One year they bought the entire, Costa Rican gold pineapple crop.  

Corpus Christi, Texas.  LBGE x 2, Weber Smoky Joe, and Aussie Walk-About