Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cuz everybody must git stoned

Options
AUCE
AUCE Posts: 890
Any experience with this stone? Looked at a blue zillion and the concept is solid ..2 piece with air gap.15.5"×15.5" × 4.5" thick!!...yea 60 smackeroos but only plan on buying one. Have a guy in a fab shop that'll build me a stainless frame with legs to get her up.
Williams Sonoma....

I would much rather be able to say I was glad I did than wished I had........

XL owner and purveyor of pallette perfection...

Homosassa....Mecca of Florida

Comments

• AUCE
    Options
    Beddy beddy interesting

• AUCE
    Options
    On sale 44.95

• AUCE
    Options
    Hell if ya break one somehow you still have a 2nd and it's gotta be at least an inch thick with out the legs

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Looks like you've already convinced yourself, but I'm going to go ahead and check back on this thread occasionally to see if you start arguing with yourself at some point.
  • AUCE
    Options
    Legume said:
    Looks like you've already convinced yourself, but I'm going to go ahead and check back on this thread occasionally to see if you start arguing with yourself at some point.

Perhaps...ROTFLMAO. ...just thinking outloud..

• AUCE
    Options
    Need to check if it'll fit on an AR..and avoid fab costs. ..hehe

• AUCE
    Options
    Yep plenty of room....
    So I said to myself...self..Buy it...cmon no one else tried it?

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Seems like a cool concept.  I think the idea of this is you could cook with direct heat and there is a built in air gap.  If you already have a plate setter however this isn't necessary.  You could just use the plate setter with an air gap between a normal stone and the plate setter.  

It would also bug me that it isn't round.  I guess you could make square pies to fit it, but making round pies is more natural.  If you did want to use this for round pies then the biggest you could make is 15 inches.  You may be better of with a simple 16 inch round stone.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• AUCE
    Options
    Excellent point...
    Have been considering cali pizza stones 18x 18x1 in. Square industrial..it'll fit nicely on an AR. BOUT THE SAME $$

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    This is what I was afraid of, left alone too long, I knew you would eventually start arguing with yourself.  I think you should definitely buy it...unless you really want a round one, or a square one of a different size.  I hear steel works well too.
  • AUCE
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Legume said:
    This is what I was afraid of, left alone too long, I knew you would eventually start arguing with yourself.  I think you should definitely buy it...unless you really want a round one, or a square one of a different size.  I hear steel works well too.
    Hahahha....well kinda...the cali was at the top of the list..18x18 covers nicely and 1 inch...
    Yet the new fangled 2 piece is intriguing. ..