Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just when you think they don't pay attention

Options
My son called me last night and the first thing was "dad, I need some information."  How hard is it to learn to cook on a Big Green Egg? He went on to say he has been thinking about the BBQ I make every time he came for a visit. He said he is tired of always eating out, wants to eat better foods and wants to make BBQ and vacuum seal it like I do.  Then he can just get good food whenever he wanted it, like he does when he is at my house.  I'm proud that he enjoyed my food, that he actually was paying attention and that a future egghead is in the making.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!

Comments

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    That is awesome, we may not always think so, but our kids do listen to us sometimes!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Chicklet
    Chicklet Posts: 205
    Options
    Parent win right there!   
    Eat, drink and be merry

Huntsville, AL ~ LBGE noob
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    My son comes home more often because of the food I make on the egg. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    Options
    Make sure he joins this forum. 
    McKinney, TX
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    Lmidkiff said:
    Make sure he joins this forum. 

Already sent him the link.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    That's very cool and a nice compliment to you.

I'm hopeful that my 15 month old will be my future egger. He gets mad when I go outside to check temps and such if I don't bring him along. The hardest part right now is keeping him from touching the hot egg. 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    My son comes home more often because of the food I make on the egg. 
    I can vouch here. I didn't go home for dinner as a kid because my folks were terrible cooks. I ate at my friends' house on the regular. 
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    minniemoh said:

I'm hopeful that my 15 month old will be my future egger. He gets mad when I go outside to check temps and such if I don't bring him along. The hardest part right now is keeping him from touching the hot egg. 
    He will only touch it once. Probably
    Boom
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    That's awesome, I have three boys, one has shown some interest but they are all still very young. I hope to get them excited about cooking awesome food, not just on the egg but anywhere. 
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• oldmandawg
    Options
    My son just got his first job out of college and told me the first thing he was going to save up and buy was ................. a BGE!
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    SWISH...that's awesome. Nice job.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    I ask my daughter who's away at college what she would like me to cook when she vists. "Whatever you cook will be great dad"
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    minniemoh said:

He will only touch it once. Probably
    I dunno, my 14 month old ate dirt the other day. Freaked out, didnt like it at all. So he did it again the next day. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    That's awesome @Dave
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    minniemoh said:

Well, a hot egg is a whole lot cooler than a hot burner on the stove.  I've touched my egg while hot, and while it is quickly noticeable, it hasn't given me any burns.  The metal door at the bottom may be a different case, but the ceramic shouldn't cause damage before you can react to the heat.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    my son is 13 and he wants me to buy him a mini.

Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• flyer_egger
    flyer_egger Posts: 128
    Options
    This should make you feel like a winner,  you did good and the next generation got it..... good on you!!!!
    NEPA, Med egg,
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    Nice. Nothing made me stick out my chest further than when the boy asked for grilling advice!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes