Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Stoker fan for MM? (or in my case, KJ jr)

Options
mahenryak
mahenryak Posts: 1,324
Thinking about ordering a fan with adapter for my KJ jr.  I already have the fan and adapter for my LBGE.  I was wondering if any Stoker users are using there MM's this way?  I spoke with Rocks BBQ and the person I talked to said that he didn't see a problem building an adapter for my KJ Jr. 
LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I've used my Guru adapter for my Small BGE on my KJ Jr. with no problem at all. Just order the kit for the small BGE and you'll be set.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • mahenryak
    Options
    DMW said:
    I've used my Guru adapter for my Small BGE on my KJ Jr. with no problem at all. Just order the kit for the small BGE and you'll be set.
    Nice.  Thank you very much for the tip!

• mahenryak
    Options
    I just placed an order for another pit probe, fan and bge sm. adapter.

• mahenryak
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @DMW for the record I had to grind the stoker fan adapter before it would fit my KJ Jr.  This was not a big deal.   The small BGE adapter as shipped was maybe an 1/8" too wide for the slots--if I had to guess.  I intend to Email rocksbarbque.com the information just as a courtesy.  (Rock's did not know my intended use for the adapter but I figure I'll pass along the information for future reference.)

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up, good to know. I'll bet the small adapter for the Guru is just a bit smaller than the Stoker.

Might need to add a small Stoker setup to confirm...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • mahenryak
    edited March 2015
    Options
    DMW said:
    Thanks for the heads up, good to know. I'll bet the small adapter for the Guru is just a bit smaller than the Stoker.

Might need to add a small Stoker setup to confirm...
    Yep.  That's what I was thinking.  The good news is that it was a pretty simple modification that was required and it fits fine, now.  Thank you.