Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A little pork and little more pork

Options
Chicklet
Chicklet Posts: 205
The BF and I made some pretty de-lish pork chops and some ok ABTs last night.  We just brined the pork chops in some apple cider and salt then I made some maple bourbon glaze for them.  They didn't turn out quite like I wanted because The Man and I didn't quite communicate the cooking method for the chops.  We ended up doing them on raised cast iron PS with the ABTs.  I was able to try to reverse sear them but our fire never got really hot enough for that at the end.  There weren't the best looking chops but they did taste great and were super tender.  
I ended up putting the glaze on the chops while they were still on the cast iron so I could caramelize it a little more.  I did like that part.  

For the ABTs, we just trimmed the tops and stuffed em with some cream cheese and cheddar cheese then wrapped in bacon.  Next time I do them I will cut them in half and stuff with sharp pimento cheese.  They were still ok but really spicy!   

Eat, drink and be merry

Huntsville, AL ~ LBGE noob

Comments