Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3 alarm pork chops

Options
Phatchris
Phatchris Posts: 1,726
Smeared the chops with bone sucking spicy mustard and rubbed with swamp venom.
Went raised direct at 450, then glazed with hot Cayman pepper jelly and bourbon.. Served with a grilled Romaine and Radicchio Caesar... Did one chop with yellow mustard and raging river for the little guy.

Comments

• Phatchris
    Options
    Sorry this new format got me all messed  up posting pics  =)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Nice looking cook!  That jelly sounds killer.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Nice, I'd hit that hard.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Very nice

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Phatchris said:
    Smeared the chops with bone sucking spicy mustard and rubbed with swamp venom.
    Went raised direct at 450, then glazed with hot Cayman pepper jelly and bourbon.. Served with a grilled Romaine and Radicchio Caesar... Did one chop with yellow mustard and raging river for the little guy.
    Tell me more about "Grilled Romaine".

how to grill it?
    How to serve it?
    any sauce/dressing used?

Wife bought a 6-pack of romaine from costco, and I would like to use it up before it rots.  I'm planning on cooking chicken wings this Saturday followed by Turkey wings on sunday.  Chicken wings are in a korean marinade.
    turkey wings are in a curing brine.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Zmokin
    Options
    OK, I googled grilled romaine and learned a little.  They said to paint the hearts with a vinaigrette.  Any reason not to pour some vinaigrette into the top of the head to coat the inner leaves with dressing?

• Phatchris
    Options
    I just cut the romaine in half lengthwise, I leave the bottom intact so it doesn't fall apart while grilling.. Throw some olive oil, salt and pepper and go direct for a minute or two until it wilts and has some color... I just toss it with a classic Caesar dressing.
  • Zmokin
    Options
    OK, I know, No pics so it didn't happen.  But none the less my chicken wings came out delicious, not a spicy recipe by any means.  And the grilled romaine was pretty good.  I sprayed the sliced in half romaine heat with garlic olive oil and ground some pepper on to it.  Grilled it for one minute, flipped, minute, flipped, minute, flipped, minute.  Served on dinner plate with Parmigiano Reggiano and a balsamic drizzle (thicker and sweeter than balsamic vinegar). 

Tomorrow, I'll smoke the turkey wings for lunch with my son, maybe I'll get those on camera before I begin scarfing.  Thinking of going indirect for about 50 minutes followed by direct for 10 minutes.

• Phatchris
    Options
    I have to try turkey wings some time!