Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spring Break 2015

Options
Not going anywhere but with 65* temperatures didn't need to
I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    There's the finished turkey for today's spring break meal, tomorrow Egret's Ham.....
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Great looking kids and nice turkey.  Catching up on a few Egg cooks sounds like a good spring break to me.  Where ate you located?

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    @Hawg Fan Nebraska
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Man those kids are growing
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Scottborasjr
    Options
    @Mickey nearly 10 and 3 it's crazy how the time goes. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    I suppose I should update my profile picture......
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Real nice bird
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Scottborasjr
    Options
    @Mickey Thanks man, a mix of standard poultry seasoning and Tsunami Spin. It turned out really good. 
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Great job dude, that skin looks fantastic. :clap: 
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    All looks well at casa Scottborasjr. Great family and great food....life is good...enjoy. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Nice looking family and bird.  I noticed that you had your daisy wheel on.  For what it's worth, I never put mine on if I'm going over 350.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Good looking Spatch. Great looking kiddos and I'm glad to see the white stuff has dissipated off the lawn. :wink: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Looks nice.   How big was that bird?

(I admit, I can't tell which egg that is so I don't know if it's a small chicken, big chicken or small turkey!)  :chicken: 
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    @KiterTodd it was about a 12 pound turkey on the large.

@saluki2007 I don't putt it on if it's a cook that I'm checking every little bit but I treat spatch like I do a low and slow and don't even open the lid until I'm 80 minutes in on a turkey. Probably me being stupid but for some reason it makes me feel like my fire burns more even.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    To each their own.  To me it's just one less thing to mess with.  I'm just lazy like that.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Scottborasjr
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that